Sunday, December 21, 2008

Top 5 Must-read business books in 2009
















My reading habits are sporadic at best, but I like reading a good business and/or leadership book. Here are my Top 5 business books I suggest for your reading list in 2009. Have you read these yet? What do you think? If not, and you read it in 2009, let me know what you thought. Do you have any favorites you can suggest for my 2009 reading list?

1) Profit from the Core - Simply loved this read with my team at Tuthill and implementing some of the concepts across our business and in our strategy.
2) Simple Church - While the title and the story is about a 'church', the processes cross lines. If both business and churches figured this out, both would grow significantly in both numbers AND impact
3) Good to Great - Classic Jim Collins read. I have read it twice. So many good concepts
4) Becoming a Coaching Leader - A process book made for leaders or managers to increase their impact on their team member's lives.
5) The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership - I don't think I could have a Top 5 reading list without a John C. Maxwell book. This was one of the first leadership books given to me in my career and it had a huge impact on my life and thus, career.

I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment