Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Top 5 Christmas movies

To continue the Top 5 theme, I 'threatened' my cousin with a Top 5 Christmas Movie list, so here 'tis. When I think of favorite movies, I think of them, specifically, as when they come on...am I drawn to them and unable to change the channel for some reason because they make me laugh:



1) A Christmas Story - Seeing Ralphie for 24 hours on Christmas Eve/Day is a must, but I do admit, by the last time it is on...I am ready for it to be over for another year!
2) Elf - Will Farrell is the only one that could have made this movie so funny
3) Home Alone - Some of the stuff that Kevin did to those robbers was downright horrific. Would probably be a PG-13 today!
4) Charlie Brown Christmas - Takes me back to the 4th grade when we did this for a Christmas Play and we knocked over the good tree during the play. Man, was Mrs. Nolan mad!!
5) The Santa Clause - Tim Allen has always been a favorite of mine...

What are your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. I would have to say that my top 5 Christmas Movie’s would have to be based on meaning. I love a really funny Christmas movie, don’t get me wrong, but I also am into movies that really touch you in more ways than just the funny bone.
    I would have to say that some of my favorites I probably wouldn’t watch it if it just came on TV. I don’t have time sometimes for that.

    I of course have all my favorites on DVD now so that gives me the ability to watch it when I can set down for the entire 1 ½ to 2 hrs that takes to watch.

    1)A Christmas Story – I would have to say that if you get a top 5 movie list from anyone, this movie would be in it. I love this movie. If anyone knows my brother and I would probably say that Ralphie and Randy would have a similar resemblance to us. Christmas Eve is tomorrow -- Bring on the 24 hr marathon!! Oh’’ Can we say “F-r-a-g-e-e-l-e-y”

    2)Christmas Vacation – The Griswold’s are a classic family to spend your Christmas with. This movie brings back some memories. I can’t help but to think about my Dad, way back when I was a kid, when I watch Clark put up his Christmas Lights. Funny Funny Funny. Let’s sing “Oh say can you see”

    3)The Santa Clause – The entire series is good but the first one is by far the best. Tim Taylor is a very good actor when it comes to being funny. “Can I get me some of that tensile?”

    4)The Polar Express -- The way that movies are being made today I had to add in an animated one. I love animation and to see one made as good as this one is just wonderful. This movie brings such a good message to not only the kids but it gives a good message to adults. This movie brings out the kid in any adult that watches it. Unless you are a true scrooge! ‘Ticket Please, Ticket”

    5)Home Alone – Yes, this one has to be in my top 5. I love the fact that a little boy can take on bad guys on his own and win. Yes, the things he does would probably do more than what it did to them in real life but it did bring a lot of laughter to the big screen. “KEVIN”

    Boy this just gets me even more excited about the big day. Only 2 days left. Well enjoy and hope you all watch lots of Christmas Movies with your family. Enjoy and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh' and to add a few that was hard to leave out. It's A Wonderful Life "Every time a bell rings an angel gets it's wings" and White Christmas "Snow, Snow, Snow!"

    These are 2 I have to watch every year. I have watched these every year as far back as I can remember leading up to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete