Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve & Top 5 Christmas Songs

Christmas Eve is a pretty special day at our house. I enjoy it almost as much as Christmas Day. The kids' anticipation is amusing. I like to do some shopping early in the morning just to watch people. Everybody's got a story. We go to church in early evening, and have a fantastic dinner with family at night. I can't wait to hear the laughing as we do gag gifts on Christmas Eve evening as well.

When growing up, my dad and I always had a 'wrapping' party for Mom's gifts while sipping egg nog (I eventually graduated to the 'spiced' egg nog!) and Christmas music playing. I miss that, as well as the evening at my Grandfather's house in Wellsburg, WV. The Christmas music on Christmas Eve seems to hold the most spirit. I thought I would list my Top 5 Christmas songs for you:

1) It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams
2) White Christmas - Bing Crosby (No one else sings it like Bing!)
3) The Christmas Song - Johnny Mathis - I have really only smelled Chestnuts roasting on an open fire once in my life I think and I don't know if Jack Frost ever nipped at my nose, but Johnny can belt it out!
4) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - The Carpenters - I swear I can still smell our Christmas trees as a kid when I hear this song!
5) Sleigh Ride - Johnny Mathis

I hope that you Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas that you are Blessed with what you want this year!

Share with me your favorite Christmas Eve traditions, or Christmas songs. I want to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment