Sunday, August 30, 2009

Is Social Media a 'Fad'?

I saw this video posted on another blog recently and wanted to share. If you have just 4 minutes, it is a GREAT snapshot of the impact of social media on our lives. I was really shocked by the data on how LONG it took for TV & Radio to gain an audience of 50 million users, compared to Facebook. Astounding.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Are you currently involved in 'Social Media'? If not, why not? Top reasons I have heard folks tell me why they are not:
1) Don't have time for it (250 million users of Facebook have the same number of hours in a day that you do!)
2) I don't want to put my personal info out there - Especially in Customer Service, the question is if you are not putting it out there, who is?)
3) It's too confusing to use - YouTube has over 100,000,000 videos(found this out in THIS video). Go there and search for How To ___________. You are sure to find it. Then, you don't have to 'embarrass' yourself and ask someone how!

If you area involved in Social Media, are you connected with me? If not, why not? Just click on the links at the side of this Blog post. I would love to stay connected with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment