Thursday, March 5, 2009

UPDATE - Expensive laundry - There has to be a better way!

Recently, I blogged about my Staples certificates going through the laundry. I promised an update and I am pleasantly surprised:

Dear John,
We have reissued your rewards. Please allow 7-10 business days to receive the new rewards in the mail.
Rewards can be used like cash at Staples - in store, online, or over the phone. Rewards do expire. Expired rewards cannot be reissued. Staples is not responsible for lost or misdirected postal mail.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at StaplesRewards@Staples.com or by calling 1-800-793-3320 Monday through Friday, 8:30AM-8:00PM EST.
Thank you,
Richard Conway
Staples Rewards Premier


Kudos to Staples for reissuing the certificates. When I replied to the email with a 'Thank you', this was the auto response I got:
Thank you for contacting Staples Rewards.
We are currently experiencing high contact volume; please expect a delay in our response.


The dangers of auto reply emails!! Oh well, now I can get that file cabinet in 7 to 10 days! I won't even bore you with my recent Dell service experience...It was good, but again, 7 to 10 business days before i get my laptop back!

Have any good customer service experiences you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment