Thursday, October 15, 2009

Interesting...


A word that should be BANNED from every day conversation.

Have you ever been in the middle of what you feel is a VERY important conversation with someone and you ask "What do you think?" Their response "Interesting" - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

Or, here is a recent one.  I have an important meeting coming up in a couple weeks where I will be presenting an important change.  I receive the agenda and a pre-emptive "This ought to be interesting! ;o)"

I know I am guilty of using this word too much as well.  I use it to describe something that I am just not sure how to respond to.  I use it too often if I haven't been paying close enough attention, or I use it when you ask me what I think about your new shirt.  uh-oh.  Now you will know....

Anyway, I am sure there are times that the word 'interesting' is used in a very polite and genuine way; however, I believe it is used MORE to simply end a conversation and shows the other person I may not be thoughtful enough to tell them what I really think.

Don't you find this interesting?  (KIDDING!!!)

So, when was the last time YOU used the word 'interesting' in a conversation and when you used it, did you really mean it? 

I bet you think about it the next time you say it.  I can hear it now...That $^%^ Gallagher.  I'll give him interesting next time I see him!!!  Leave me your answer by clicking ont he comment below.

Have a great weekend y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment