Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What makes you cry?

Last night I was at my oldest son, Brendan's, 5th grade promotion event. It was about 100 degrees in the gym with nothing but a couple fans moving around. It was HOT!!!



Until the 60 third graders stood up and sang their class song: My Wish by Rascal Flatts. As I watched my son, I got chill bumps up and down my arms - and a tear or two flowed down my cheek - they are welling up as I type this today. In case you haven't heard it, here are the words to the chorus:



My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to

Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small

You never need to carry more than you can hold

And while you're out there getting what you're getting to

I hope you know somebody loves you and wants the same thing, too

That's My Wish


Music is something that inspires me. I share it with others when I hear a song that inspires me. One way I try to build relationships.


John Maxwell says that to get to know someone better, ask them these three questions:

1) What makes you laugh?

2) What makes you cry?

3) What do you dream about?


Watching my kids play sports, sing in their school events...those things make me cry. Tears of pride, but tears, nonetheless...like a big baby!! An inspirational song brings tears to my eyes.


I want to get to know all of you even better. Let me know what your answer is to one of those three questions above.


If you get a chance, download My Wish on your iPod. Listen to the words. Know that it is my wish for you as well!! Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 23, 2008

    John, great words here. As a new father I must say I don't remember laughing as much as I do watching my little man Jack. Of course the times with you and our family is always a good hoot too.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete